Thursday, September 01, 2011

Everything Happens For a Reason


My relationship with this blog has been alternating over the past year and a half almost. It's probably because the reason I started blogging is the same reason why I sometimes feel like killing people. But then again, I AM a singer/songwriter, it's my full-time job, so I shall keep writing.

I don't always write music, I write bullshit as well, I write articles for fun, and I write here. And whatever I write here is either inspired by my life, or inspired by other people's lives.

It's amazing when a person can feel success, especially success in the one thing that person is living for. I am feeling it, and it is ecstatic!
Over the past 2-3 years my life has been taking dramatic turns, and because my number one belief is that "everything happens for a reason" I am seeing all the reasons fall into place like a brick wall in my face.



I'm grateful for everything. My band Salalem's debut album is hopefully going to be released on the 24th of this month in a concert I have been waiting for all my life.
Being Salalem's lead singer and front man is something that I enjoy doing, as stressful and tiring as it is, because this band has given me almost everything that I possess now in music. Salalem's music may not be my favorite music, but i took part in producing it, and in the end, because it is a BAND, the output becomes the outcome of different influences. I love the band and I will keep doing what I do until there's nothing more to do.

Also, I am slowly starting my own band, the reason why, as a 12-year old boy, i used to switch on my cassette player, with bon jovi as loud as fuck and hold my tennis racket as if it's a guitar and make-believe i'm on stage in front of a mirror. I have finished and recorded 2 songs so far and the third one is on the way, and as soon as i'm done with a set list full of my own songs, a band will be formed to take this little baby into the light and on the stage.

"Only the artist, or the free scholar, carries his happiness within him" - Beethoven

It's beautiful. I have never thought something in life could be this fulfilling. The feeling I get every  time i go on stage and back down again, and everything in between is something that could be equally compared with multiple orgasms.

You may think i'm exaggerating, but well yeah, i don't care.

This is to remind you and me of who i am and who i will be.

Same person, only on a different level................................

above.

"It is the best of all trades, to make songs, and the second best to sing them" - [Joseph] Hilaire [Pierre] Belloc



Listen:





4 comments:

  1. jimmy ;) u got all my support 4 evvrthn u want I believe in success

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very interested in the way you said . Have time to look at my web, thank you!cheap tennis rackets.


    Seen from your post out of you like tennis, tennis is a good sport items, I really like this is my home, interested can go to learn the next cheap tennis rackets.


    Your writing is good, I am a fan. See what you are writing, I see more. Want to know more about the more thorough enter Cheap tennis rackets. website!

    Look out you are like tennis from a different angle of things to write about tennis, to write well. Are interested in sharing my home page under the head tennis rackets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow very well said. thanks for inspiring us. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete