Friday, October 16, 2009

A letter to a soulmate

Dear Soulmate,


I know I've been saying this for a while, but yes, you've been gone for a long while, I hope you come back soon. And if you don't ever, I hope you're in a happier place, and I would like you to know that I miss you truly and I think about you more than I ever thought I would.


I wish you were here now, sharing this special moment with me. I'm on a boat, sailing through the Nile of Cairo, along with my dark sailor friend from southern Egypt. Sharing a fruitful conversation of silence, you know, when two people just sit there and absorb the air. That's what i'm doing right now, absorbing the air. Breathing in beauty and remniscing.


It's late at night, yet the Nile is as bright as could be. I come here by myself quite often. It's the closest i feel to you, dear soulmate. And it brings a smile to my face everytime I take my Nubian friend who, by the way, is called Salah. He sometimes just sits there sailing, smoking a cigarrette with me and just out of nowhere, starts to sing Nubian songs, songs about a culture that seems so appealing, so different even though it exists in the same country we live in.

I know, if you were here with me now, you'd be smiling just as widely as I am.

Dear Soulmate,
I wish you love, I send you all my love, I wish you peace and a prosperous life.
And "When" I see you again, I'll just shut up, and let the silence speak.


Yours Sincerely
Mohammed J.


your song for today:

Michael Buble - Everything

4 comments:

  1. I will be back...sometime soon, I think!
    That's if I am your soul mate! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sharing a fruitful conversation of silence, you know, when two people just sit there and absorb the air."
    This would so go in my favorite quotes on facebook if I'd bothered to list any!

    I'm so very flattered you stopped by my blog, seeing as I'm the biggest fan of your musical talents (I saw you in a DGCI prom last year) and that lovely girl you got. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete