Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ramblings of sleepless soul


I take a drag of smoke
It's the last cigarette today

Yes, it wasn't a joke
It happens almost everyday
 

It's a joke that isn't funny
It's rather sad actually

It's a day that isn't sunny
It's bedtime again finally




 She lies while she's crying
I pretend I'm not listening
Then she cries while she's lying

And then I believe everything


I'm drained in my own emotions
Stained by random mistakes
I scream in haphazard motions

The soul takes what it takes



Sun is shining
It's a brand new day

That thin purple lining
Is almost fading away











Today's song:
Jon Bon Jovi - Ugly 


5 comments:

  1. I kinda relate to the beginning bit... kinda hungover and overworked.. i guess i'd only find my brand new day post 12 hrs of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also it reminds me of metallica - turn the page
    'you smoke the days last cigarette, remember what she said... here i am on the road again!'
    similar sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your post SERIOUSLY made me wanna scream... but i'm at the office i'll remember to scream later


    I'm still awaiting MY brand new day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I alone at the office...tempted to scream much?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't rhyme to save my life. Brilliant, Mohammed!

    ReplyDelete