Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Days

I sold it to a stranger
My promise to you
I sold it to a stranger and made some money
Even though I lost a few



I remember the days when sadness turned to laughter
when coffee was not just a drink
when a cheap egg sandwich used to fill hunger
and the days when a look from my eyes meant passion



I raise my glass and drink for days
days that have passed and
days that are yet to come

I have touched the moon on a full moon night
and from there

I will shine.


Song:
Everlast - Watch Me Shine

4 comments:

  1. you have one of the most peculiar ways of writing i have ever seen.
    dont take my comment negatively though, because although i think its peculiar, i also think its very very interesting.
    and intriguing.
    and a lot of the songs you have posted are songs im in love with.
    i really like visiting your blog
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that brings along a question...
    how did you happen to come about my blog?
    glad i could make you smile =)

    maybe... its different to me, thats for sure.
    me, i dont write in fragments, but thats probably because im such a perfectionist with proper grammar in the english language..

    have you ever heard of panera bread? thats my new job. perhaps i should write a whole post about it. perhaps i will.

    lovely day to you, cheerio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well ok, i think that answer will suffice.

    that would make sense, although i follow random blogs i might have taken a liking to...

    yes, its a bakery-restaurant type of place. its quite nice.

    my post might take a bit, since im not to actually start work till wednesday.
    but i can make an attempt.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply wow

    I'm an everlast fan but I've never come across this one... Amazing...

    aslo your way of writing it... with illustrations... made it so passionate and soooo much felt...

    ReplyDelete