Friday, February 12, 2010

That Mask

So you get up on that stage and you think the world's going to change?

You try to sing some tunes and jump around in fake joy thinking "What the hell? they're just puppets and I'm in control!"

What if each and every one of those puppets is experiencing that same fake joy?
What if the music you play is their temporary painkiller?
How would that make you feel?

You put on that mask, and go on for the rest of the night....
"But I don't want that mask to grow into me"
So what if it does?
"I will then be someone else, not me"
So?
"I don't know......."



I don't know....


Third Eye Blind - Jumper

2 comments:

  1. you will only be able to know when you go back to the point zero...ask yourself some intuitive questions that you always thought you got them answered long ago...maybe they've got new answers..and maybe you will find the very same answers...still a different sun shining on them...i think maybe at that point you'll know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most beautiful thing I've read in weeks. Thank you

    ReplyDelete