Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Back to Life

I won't start about the Algeria issue, the only thing i liked about that country was their music (some of it). Otherwise, they could all go to hell for all I care. Egypt has been hurt and broken, and it's making all the cities look sad. I can feel it in the air in Cairo and in Alexandria.
Three things to make us feel better:
1- Public apology by the Algerian Government.
2- Bye Bye Algerian Ambassador in Egypt.
3- Banning all sorts of activities with Algeria for at least 2 years.


No violence needed, just sane, "humanly"  actions. And I think that's the least that Egypt deserves. In the end, that is just my opinion.




I went out with my Alexandrian friends today, it was so much fun, fun that i hadn't had for a while.
We went to the movies, watched "The Surrogates", it was a good movie, but i think Bruce Willis is that same character in Die Hard in all of his movies.
After movies we had a seafood massacre dinner at my favourite seafood restaurant in town called "A'arous El Bahr" or "Mermaid" in English. Aaaah it's 6 hours later now and i'm still full! Dehydrated... but full!


Then we went to a coffee shop to play cards.


So much fun and laughter, I had missed that for a while.
Life took me away, responsibilities, maintaining stability and ensuring a stable future, work and University.
It was just simply lively and lovely being around my favourite people and enjoying a good time in their company.


We were debating an issue while having dinner, a friend said : "A woman would marry a guy who doesn't have a stable future or isn't rich or can at least maintain HER lifestyle ONLY if she loves him. A woman would also marry a guy who is rich and can buy her everything she wants if she doesn't love him and/or neglect his faults for his money"


what do you think?




Today's song
Ray Charles - Yesterday

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I think your friend is right. Many women marry, not for love, but for stability and the illusion of the dream. Sometimes the line of what you're really in love with is blurred.

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll never understand women, no matter how hard you try :P

    Don't mix diplomacy with nationalism :) we could deem their ambassador unwelcome but he might as well stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that restaurant! I've been there once, but I really wanna go back. It captures the essence of what Alexandria is to me, which is endearing to me :)

    Algerian debacle, no comment.

    A woman would marry anybody. Women are fickle and you can never understand them. I bet it was a fruitless debate :P

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you have really sparked my imagination and thoughts!

    thank you for your thought provoking post!

    xoxo
    eri

    ReplyDelete