Thursday, September 03, 2009

Istanbul




My flight is around 3 hours from now, I'm sitting at a coffee place in heliopolis waiting for the girl to come spend some time with me and then drop me at the airport before she goes to work.

This morning I feel so fresh, my mood is bubbly, not only because i'm going to Turkey for the weekend but because I think I've become more aware of what I want (as in what i want to do with my life) . I still haven't figured it all out yet but I think I'm getting there, which made me wake up this morning with a smile on my face. And i feel psyched.

It's my second time to visit Istanbul, only the first time it was a 18-hour transit so i didn't really get to "visit" the City. This time i'm staying for 2 days. I'm singing in a Sami Yusuf concert (I'm a member of his Choir).
Being in Sami's band is a great experience for me, not only do I get to tour around with him, but I also get to educate myself very much musically, which really shows when i apply what i learn in the music i make with my own band Salalem, and in my other side projects in music. It's fascinating really.

Now Istanbul is a very beautiful city in my opinion, European but Oriental, Capital of a Muslim Country with a western taste. I've always been a fan of eclectic things, and Turkey IS an eclectic Country.

The only problem is that most Turkish people i've met when I was there the last time don't really speak English, and I am not familiar with the Turkish language. So it gets a bit difficult to communicate. Still, i do love this country and it's one of those places that you would always want to pay a visit to.

This picture is breathtaking:


Then again, wherever I go, I always miss Egypt. Because Egypt is a disease that you can neither live with nor without. Once you've caught the disease, it's there forever, Egypt pulls you back and I'm not just saying this, EVERYONE who has truly lived here for a period not less than a year know exactly what I'm talking about here.

Sara should be here any moment now and I need to get ready to leave. Turkey, Here I come!

P.S. I'm going to miss you, I know it and i hate knowing it
.

No comments:

Post a Comment